Get IRS Innocent Spouse Relief! Start Now:

Fill out the form below for your
Free IRS Tax Debt Consultation.
Tax Review

* By clicking "Get Your Tax Resolution Now", I consent to be contacted at any telephone number I provide. Contact may be by automated dialing technology and may feature a prerecorded voice. I understand that my consent is not a condition or obligation to purchase any products or services.

Or Call

Innocent Spouse Tax Relief Experts!

Topic Graphic

There are cases where married taxpayers who have filed jointly are notified of a tax debt with the IRS due to an understatement by one spouse. Even if the couple divorces, the IRS will may still pursue both parties for the debt. If a spouse was unaware of the understatement, then he or she may qualify for Innocent Spouse relief.

Those who believe they are not responsible for a joint tax debt will need to prove they had no knowledge of the understated filing at the time they signed the return. Other requirements include:

  • You must verify that you had no reason to know about the tax debt in question
  • You'll need to prove that given the circumstances and details of your case, the IRS would be unfair to expect you to pay the debt
  • Your relief request must be within two years of IRS collection efforts

Once notified, the IRS will review the claim for up to six months, during which time they may request additional information. The spouse suspected of filing the understatement is allowed to appeal the claim, which will be reviewed against the evidence provided.

Additionally, both spouses are permitted to request relief from a tax debt, including penalties and interest.

Call us today to consult with a professional about the Innocent Spouse program or any other tax relief programs.

Get Your Free Case Review Now with No Money Upfront!

Click on "Free Consultation" or call us toll-free at for your free, no-obligation consultation. Get your IRS back taxes resolved today!

© Copyright 2017
Disclaimer: This is a marketing website for a tax resolution company.