Ready to Resolve Your Tax Debt? Get Started Now:
Resolution is only a few steps away!
When taxpayers receive a letter from the IRS informing them of a tax debt, they immediately start to look for tax debt resolution help from a tax relief company. When taxpayers are searching for tax debt resolution help, there are many factors they need to consider before choosing tax help.
The first thing taxpayers should do when looking for help with their tax debt is research. Gathering as much information about their tax problem, tax companies, and their history will greatly help taxpayers when they finally decide on a professional to hire. The internet will be the main source for this type of information, including:
- Better Business Bureau Rating: This consumer protection agency can help taxpayers eliminate companies that are not accredited and hold a grade lower than a B. Also, taxpayers are able to read reviews from consumers who used the company.
- Dun & Bradstreet Rating: This allows the consumer to determine if the company is financially sound. If they aren't capable of handling their own finances, do you want them handling yours?
- Company Background & History: This research allows taxpayers to see how long a company has been in business, its legal staff and their certifications, and experience with their particular tax issue.
Once a taxpayer decides on a company to hire, they will need to be aware of red flags, including:
- Retainer fees and no flat costs
- No refund policy
- No Positive BBB Reviews
- Less than 3 years in business
- Poor BBB Ratings
- Offer in Compromise - One-size-fits-all solutions
- No refund policy
- No easy way to contact the company, no phone, no email contact, etc.
Legitimate tax debt resolution help can be found by adhering to a strict list of qualifications, and proper research by taxpayers. If you are in need of tax debt help, call us now to consult with a professional about your tax issue for free!